Group Therapy at Pacific Pain & Wellness Group involves our excellent psychologist and therapist who lead a group of two or more patients. Some people attend individual therapy in addition to groups, while others participate in groups only. Group Therapy is designed to collectively focus on a specific problem, such as depression, obesity, panic disorder, social anxiety, chronic pain or substance abuse. Other group therapy focus more generally on improving social skills, helping people deal with a range of issues such as anger, shyness, loneliness and low self-esteem.
Benefits Of Group Therapy In Torrance
Group Therapy provides benefits that individual therapy may not. Your Torrance psychologists say that group members often say they find group setting a very rewarding the group experience. Groups can act as a support network and a sounding board. Other members of the group often help you come up with specific ideas for improving a difficult situation or life challenge, and hold you accountable along the way. Other benefits include:
- Encourages you to talk and listen to others, which helps you put your own problems in perspective
- Discussing shared experiences and realizing you are not alone
- Diversity or people have different personalities and backgrounds, and how they look at situations in different ways
- Understanding how other people tackle similar problems and make positive changes
- Discovering and learning a whole range of strategies from other people for facing your own concerns
Psychologist And Therapist In Torrance With Specialized Training
Group therapy sessions at Pacific Pain & Wellness Group are led by one or more psychotherapists with specialized training and experience, providing proven or scientifically-tested strategies for managing specific problems: Dr. Gelareh Solomon and Annie Nardella.